Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Postpartum weight loss update
So I've been working on losing the baby weight. I gained about 37 pounds during my pregnancy. I lost 12 pounds immediately. At my 6 week postpartum appointment, I was cleared for exercise, so that's when I started working on losing the weight. I can't go on a really strict diet because of breastfeeding, but I did start working out a little and eating healthier when I was cleared by my doctor. For about 3 weeks, I worked on it alone and only lost 2 pounds. I'd heard good things about weight watchers, so I decided to do the online program. Since starting it 6 weeks ago, I've lost 8 pounds. I really like that I can still eat foods I like and just balance other meals that day or use some of my extra points but still lose weight. I also love that if I've eaten my daily points, I can still snack on most fruit or veggies if I'm hungry because they're 0 points! I've got about 15 pounds to go before I'm at prepregnancy weight. I know some breastfeeding moms hold on to a few extra pounds until they wean, so I'll be happy if I can lose 10 more and I'll work on the extra few after I'm done breastfeeding, which hopefully will be when Tristan is one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment