Friday, August 3, 2012

17 weeks old

Tristan is 17 weeks old today. He'll be 4 months Monday. That is so unreal to me! I have one more week home with him, and I'm starting to get really sad about it. I know we'll both adjust, but it's sad that I'll never have this long off with him again. Sleep hasn't been good this week, and if he keeps it up, school will be hard just based on my exhaustion. I don't know how he's making it without being super cranky (because he really hasn't been all that fussy). He sleeps maybe 5 or 6 hours then is up about every 2 hours or less. It could be worse, but it's hard adjusting after he slept so good for so long.  He also still never naps even with so little night sleep. At the most, he might nap an hour in the early morning and doze off and on in the afternoon, usually no longer than 20 minutes at a time. We continued rice cereal this week, and up until about 2 days ago, it just made him mad. We're thinking he just didn't like being strapped into the high chair so we moved to the swing and he's been great. I also started thickening it more so he might like that better too. He has started hating car rides which stinks! He starts crying when we strap him in and often cries most of the drive. We visited Nana and Poppy last Saturday, and the ride there was horrible. I've taken him to school several times and he's cried the whole way there and back more than once. Not fun. He started grabbing his feet a lot better this week. He's been trying for several weeks. He can also find his thumb to suck on pretty often. Yesterday on the activity mat, he scooted around 180 degrees. It surprised me when I looked down and he was facing a different direction than a few minutes ago. He also started really talking to himself in the mirror on the activity mat yesterday. So adorable! He is so so close to laughing but still hasn't let out a belly laugh. He refused to roll over much this week, but did do it more than just that one day last week. He is so much better at grabbing toys and is now getting to the point of enjoying toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment