Tristan is 3 weeks old today. Monday we had his 2 week doctor appointment, and everything was great! He weighed 8 lbs and was still 20.5 inches long. Dr. P said that he had great muscle tone for a 2 week old and was very alert for a newborn! We go tonight to baby weigh in, so I'm curious to see how much he's gained since Monday! He is definitely settling into more of a routine, even though it's not set in stone. His nights have all been pretty good this week, as far as getting him back to sleep quickly after eating, but he still is up every 2-3 hours to eat. I think he's been going through a growth spurt the past 2 days or so because he's been eating a LOT more and he's been a little fussier than normal. He has started to fight sleep some this week. He'll be sleepy, but when he realizes he's about to fall asleep, he starts fussing. He can usually be soothed by rocking or walking around, so it hasn't been too bad. He has been worse this week about wanting to be held more and not put down, but I love holding him, so it hasn't been too big of an issue. :) Tonight, I'm leaving him for the first time for a couple hours while I go to CBI prom. I'm excited to see all my kids, but I'm dreading leaving Tristan. At least I know he'll be in good hands with Braxton. Time for some Daddy/son bonding time tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment