Friday, April 20, 2012

2 weeks old

Tristan is 2 weeks old today. He is growing so fast! Last week at baby weigh in, he weighed 6 lbs 15 oz, and today he weighed 7 lbs 12 oz. He gained 13 ounces in one week--almost a pound! His umbilical cord fell off this morning. Is it weird that makes me kind of sad? His sleeping at night is getting better, but he does wake up about every 2-3 hours to eat. The past few nights if he wouldn't go to sleep in the Rock n Play next to the bed, I'd lay him in bed with me for a while until he was sound asleep and then move him into the Rock n Play. In the mornings, he normally takes a good nap, which is nice because I catch up on some sleep then too! Wednesday He didn't take that morning nap, and I didn't realize how much I depended on it for my sleep! I was exhausted, and Mom ended up coming over to give me a nap, which was so nice! He still does the cute little "o" face that I love. He also does this adorable sideways smile in his sleep sometimes. He will also make cry faces in his sleep that break my heart because I think he's having a bad dream. He loves having his hands by his face. If I swaddle him, I make sure to leave his arms free because he'll break them out anyway to put them next to his face when he sleeps. He is so sweet and we love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment