I LOVE to read, but I didn't have a library card until today! I am the WORST to just get on Amazon and order a book for 1 cent plus $3 shipping because I am lazy, and it comes straight to my door. But I finally decided that was a big waste of money and space when I didn't even like some of the books. And if I'm too lazy to go buy books, I'm definitely too lazy to go sell books. So I currently have a box of books I don't want in my garage that maybe someday I'll trade in or donate or sell or something. Or it might just keep sitting in my garage. Who knows. So I decided to get a library card. And I LOVE it right now! I have a Shelfari account where you can add books you want to read, books you've read and books you are reading. I just pulled up my account on my phone at the library and went around and found a couple of books from my "I'm planning to read" list. I could only take two today because they don't trust me yet.. but when I bring these two back, I can get up to 15! 15 books at a time?!?! That's a crazy amount, even for me. But I'm so excited about not having to wait 1-2 weeks for a book that I want, like I'm used to, being a dedicated Amazon user. So here's what I ended up with:
I've heard this book is good, but honestly I don't know what it's about at all. I've read the first chapter, and I have a feel it's going to be sad, but maybe not. I tend to pick books that are sad...
Okay I KNOW this book will be sad, but it sounds really interesting. It's about a little boy and his mother who are basically locked in a room and have been the boy's whole life. I don't know why, but it's told from his viewpoint, so I think I'll like it. We'll see!


No comments:
Post a Comment