Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Book Review: Room

Room by Emma Donoghue is a really good book. It's about a woman who was kidnapped when she was 19 years old and is now in her mid 20's. She is kept in a locked room by her kidnapper and has a 5 year old son with him. Without giving too much away, most of the story is about an attempted escape and what happens next. The whole story is told from the perspective of the 5 year old boy. It has some really intense, depressing topics, but because it is told by the little boy, it really isn't as sad as it sounds. It's really interesting to see how he views and explains things because of his limited experience with things that are so common to most people. It is really well written and is really interesting all the way through. I read it really quickly because I couldn't put it down. I definitely recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! You're getting married! HOW EXCITING, and congratulations! I was a special ed teacher before staying home with the kids...teachers don't get enough credit! ;)

    ReplyDelete