Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dress fitting...

Yesterday afternoon I had my first dress fitting. All that needs to be altered on my dress is the length because I won't be wearing high heels on the beach. We're also adding a bustle since I have the train that I don't want to be carrying around during the wedding.

When I tried the dress on, the lady had it pinned, and it was perfect! I was surprised to hear her say it would be ready TOMORROW, which is now today! So I will have my dress soon! Now to just figure out how to guarantee I won't have to check it on the plane. I REFUSE to check it. Our airline says they have a closet on the plane that people can request to put wedding dresses on, but that's on a first come first serve basis and things like wheel chairs go in there first (which I COMPLETELY understand). We're thinking about using one of those vacuum things to get all the air out of the bag, so I can carry it as a carry on. The resort will be steaming the dress once we get there, so I won't have to worry about it getting wrinkled. Hopefully we'll figure out a fail proof way so I don't have to stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment