Thursday, November 24, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day 24--An Eventful Thanksgiving!

Today I'm thankful for good food and the fact that we got to enjoy it! We had planned to go to Nonnie and Papaw's today and have Braxton's family over tomorrow morning. We had a couple hours before we had to be at Nonnie and Papaw's, so Braxton decided to get a head start on cooking and started chopping up some celery for the dressing tomorrow. I heard a loud scream, ran in the kitchen and he had seriously cut a CHUNK out of his finger! I really thought we'd have to go to the ER. I called my mom, who's a nurse, and she said that basically since the whole chunk came off clean, and it wasn't EXTREMELY deep (it was deep and bleeding really good, but not like bone deep) that all the ER could do was wrap it up, so to put pressure on it until we got to Danville and she'd wrap it up for him. It was scary! And I learned that I am apparently NO USE in emergencies. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones, or just the fact that I panic easily, but I didn't even have to see the blood, and I was freaking out! I seriously thought I was going to throw up. Poor Braxton would probably have had to drive himself to the ER! We got lots of medical supplies from Mom and instructions to keep it taken care of, and hopefully it will heal quickly (but probably not)! And we got to enjoy Nonnie and Papaw's AMAZING Thanksgiving meal. So I am thankful for that, but I could have gone without all the blood this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment