I am 100% finished with my Master's!!! I sent off the hard copy of my final project Tuesday and finished up the last assignment Wednesday. I am so relieved! It's nice to think that all I will have to do from now on is work. Now when someone says, "How's school?" I won't have to question whether they're asking me about grad school or the high school where I work. I've had way too many conversations where I answer about one or the other, and the person gets a confused look until I realize they weren't talking about that school. :)
This week has kind of been about relaxing since I finished my Master's. Wednesday I went up to the high school for about an hour or so to print some stuff out and laminate, so I could be cutting stuff out at home. I'm trying not to stress about the fact that my classroom is a disaster area and there's tons to do there. We're going up there Sunday to rearrange the furniture (or put it back where it goes!), and probably every other day next week to get stuff organized, so I'm trying not to worry about it this week. Yesterday I did NOTHING productive except cut out a few visual schedules that I laminated on Wednesday, and I did that while watching tv. It was NICE to do nothing! Today I'm going to Conway with Lorianne to the teacher store. Hopefully we can get some good stuff...for cheap!
Tomorrow is my brother's wedding, and I'm one of his fiance's bridesmaids. I'm excited about it and happy for them, but sad they'll be moving to North Carolina almost immediately after the wedding. He's in the Navy and that's where he'll be stationed.
Next week is my last week "off." But like I said, I'll probably be up at the school working on my classroom. Our plan is to try to do a couple of long days early in the week, so that we won't have to go up there the last few days of our break, but I'm not sure if that'll happen with all there is to do. Next Monday, August 8, is when we start pre-school stuff and then the kids come back August 15. My stepmom is also due August 15!! I can't wait to see my new baby brother, Aydyn.
Braxton is getting ready to start grad school! He starts August 24 and he's taking 3 classes this fall, 2 that are online, so maybe it won't be too bad for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment